I suggest you ...

support magnet URNs

I suggest that you support downloading from distributed trackers and have the functionality to download from magnet: URIs.

145 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adam Malcontenti-WilsonAdam Malcontenti-Wilson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cristian T. DuqueCristian T. Duque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sites such as TPB now only have this protocol. I personally think it's a much speedier way, and it helps me from having unnecessary files laying around.

• ekrekelerekrekeler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea! some torrent website now only give you the magnet to get the torrent with your torrent client. I like to use bitlet though, because I can download a torrent anywhere without having to install software. So it would be nice if bitlet supported magnets. Example of a magnet URI from http://thepiratebac.se: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5bb35e734530afa7627ac5dc1a8dfbd7e22a0eee&dn=LEGO+Mindstorms+NXT+2.0+Retail+ISO&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

Feedback and Knowledge Base