I suggest you ...

Can I download from behind proxy server?

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    myatminmyatmin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • abahgatAdminabahgat (Admin, BitLet.org) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Bubba I never tried Cocoon, but BitLet performs direct connections to other peers just like any other client-based torrent client, so I doubt it could leverage the proxy set from the plugin.

• BubbaBubba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running BitLet from behind the Cocoon plugin for Firefox (proxy plus some other bonuses) everything seems fine. I think that will also keep it hidden from my ISP, please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

• thals1992thals1992 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You must select an open port through UPnP or manually choose a port to use, one that I commonly is 8089, but some places use that port already, so you will unfortunately have to dig around.

• Broken SwordBroken Sword commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using a proxy and I'm still able to download using BitLet. What kind of issues do you have?

• myatminmyatmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I download from bitlet web by using java. Meta data file download success but file downloading had not been success.

• myatminmyatmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the proxy server. When I download, no byte are transformed. pls teach me how to downlad the file by using proxy server.

Feedback and Knowledge Base